Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Flu Season: Remedies and Tips to Keep the Bug Away

Oh, don't you just love the flu season? I don't.

I'm as sick as can be and I have been since Saturday night. It's miserable. I feel like I have the flu, a cold and bronchitis all rolled up into one. I wasn't even able to go to my two morning classes Tuesday (my late EMT one was canceled due to weather, praise Jesus!)
I've been watching all of my family and friends get sick, and just Friday evening I was bragging about how I hadn't caught a bug yet. Well, it came back and bit me on my lower posterior plane.

-aha, the joys of being an EMT student. Med-term-talk. You're all gonna love me for the next couple of months. 

source link

Well I didn't take any precautions to ward off this terrible-flu-like-monster...but I wanted to keep you all, my readers, safe from this vile being! However, I didn't really have time to come up and research all the amazing and helpful ways to keep the flu-bug away, so I went to Pinterest.
-and there was much rejoicing.

The Little Natural Cottage has some great tips on how to keep the flu away during flu season here:


The Wild Mint Shop has a bunch of remedies for after you've caught a cold or the flu. I've yet to try any of these, but I'll let you know what I find out! 
The Paleo Mama has a great elixir for any cold or flu! I think I'm defienently gonna make this if I don't get feeling any better soon! You can find it here:
Here's a cough remedy from Greg's Kitchen that you can make, use and put away for later to get rid of any of those nasty coughs! You can find it here:
For all the little ones, I found this on babble. You can find the article here:

For keeping healthy before you catch a bug and keeping the bug away, Premeditated Left Overs presents:

Home DIY Hub has a winter tonic to sqaush all signs of a cold or flu!
Those are just a few links that I've found! You can find tons and tons more with your own internet search. :) 
Of course, you can keep in mind the simple ways to keep the flu/cold away:
  • Wash your hands regularly
  • Sneeze into your arm and away from anyone or anything that anyone might touch
  • Keep your hands away from your face, seriously
  • At the first sign of sickness, start taking medicine
  • Take vitamins when you hear about someone close to you being sick
  • Exercise, it'll boost your immune system
  • Get the sleep and rest your body needs
  • Keep a healthy diet 
Keep to these tips and you should avoid taking part in the flu season all together! In the meantime I'm gonna take a nap...I have to go to work today or I'm not gonna have a paycheck. So, I'm forcing myself to go...ugh.
Everyone, have a blessed day! 
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment