Monday, April 7, 2014

Second Ambulance Ride-Along!

Okay, so I had a great, but tiring, but GREAT day!

Why? Because I had my second day of ride-along time! I just love being on the ambulance! I don't know what it is. Even though all I've really done is take vitals, write patient reports for class and help with the stretchers...I still love it. And I love learning new things that the paramedics teach me while riding. I've learned so, so much!

Gaaaaahhhhhhh....I think I'm in love. I'm blessed.


I sat in the back (in the "captain's chair" or whatever...) and wrote out my patient care reports most of the time. They're really sloppy...and I didn't use military time (whoops!). I'm still not used to using it and it takes time for me to count up the time...lol.

This video is sideways, but it shows me riding in the back, trying to be all sneaky, because there's no way I wanted those cool paramedics to know the wannabe-EMT was taking videos in the back, :) (really, I was just trying to get some videos to send Austin...lol)

We were really busy today though. We left the station at about 7:45am and didn't get back until about 2:00pm. Then I had one last ride with another truck that was on first shift. I got 5/10 patient contacts! I'll get the rest next Monday...


I just love it all....but the paperwork. Yuck. I already don't like it...but I guess it must be done....

Just wanted to share my day with ya'll! I'm blessed! God has given me so much!

-Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment