Monday, September 15, 2014

Two Trips and One Decision

Hello everyone!

It's been a while since I've posted. I do this a lot, but I have some decisions I just need to talk about. Austin is still gone on the last month of his deployment (YAY! He's almost home!!!) so I can't talk to him about it. My parents...well, they've given me the "go" on whatever decision I make.

I have two programs I'm very interested in for next summer, 2015. I'm not too sure which to choose.

The first is a mission trip to Ireland. It's a back-packing mission trip where you spread the love of Jesus in remote areas where young people have never heard of Him before. It's crazy to think that there are people these days who haven't heard the name "Jesus" with technology and all this social media. It's a 30 day trip with two spots open. This goes through the IMB for students. The financial cost is what worries me, but I know if I'm supposed to go, God will provide. Just be praying for me on this one.

The second, I heard of it first, is a study abroad program in Ireland. Yes, BOTH are in Ireland, a place I'm dying to get to. I really need to get some credits in the summer and this seems like a fun way to do it. I've already talked with my advisor about it. I only get three credits, but the trip is covered by financial aid and when would I ever get the opportunity after college? It's also 30 days, in June. I've been praying on this one too. If I want to graduate on time, this would be a good option.

Honestly, I'm a little reluctant on both of these trips, any trips really. I'm scared of spending any time away in the summer because Austin will be home (hopefully!) and I don't wanna waste anytime away from him...which sounds silly. He's been gone almost a year though, so don't blame me! I miss the man.

Just please be praying for me on both of these trips. I'm really thinking about getting into missions and I want to kill my "traveling bug" before too many responsibilities of being grown-up (career, marriage, kids) pop up.

Thanks for reading! God bless.

Sarah<3  

No comments:

Post a Comment