Wednesday, June 25, 2014

I've been away...

...for so long. And I apologize.

I'm not too sure where I left off, but for now, here's the news:

  • I'm re-taking my EMT class. 
  • I've been having an amazing summer! 
  • Austin is still deployed, but we only have about 3 1/2 months to go! 
  • I'm still working at Burger House.
  • I'm about to leave for a mission trip in Alaska in about...two weeks. 
There's that. Now, my mission trip! I'm so, so excited to get going. I don't have everything yet, but I'm working on gathering everything. I'm hopefully going shopping tomorrow for some things I need. (It's my day off!) I need to get some jeans; my others don't fit anymore.

I'll be in Alaska for about eight days. I'm all confused on what to pack and what not to pack and how to pack. I get a carry on, and my personal bag. Then luggage is $25 each...and I get two bags of luggage I can take. The travel time will take all day. We're gonna have so many layovers and then the driving from the airport to Anchorage...then Kenai...I'm dreading the travel.
But I'm so, so ready to go.

I've been praying and trying to make sure I'm ready. I know God is going to work in this. I know He's going to work on me. I just want to be willing and ready to accept He has to give. I don't want to miss a thing and I don't want to mislead anyone while on the trip.

-taken from my globe. You can see Anchorage; we'll travel through there and Kenai; where we'll actually be serving.
 I've even sewed up some cute eye-masks for sleeping since its gong to be daylight while we're there!

It came out a bit small, but this is just my first try...
 I have to get ready to go to work, but I'll be sure to write again soon! Please be praying for this trip! God bless!

-Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment